Evelyn Rose Emily Beyer was born on July 7, 1915 in rural Minnesota Lake, Faribault County, MN to Emil and Alma (Brandt) Beyer. She was baptized August 1 in rural Minn Lake by Rev. Wm. Gonchau. She moved with her family as a small child, to Divide County, rural Fortuna, ND. She attended school in Fortuna, ND. Evelyn received her religious instruction from Rev. Arthur Bohlman and was confirmed on May 5, 1929 in Fortuna. The family moved back to Minn Lake where she finished her education. Later, her parents moved to Mankato. She was employed at Quality Bakery and did housekeeping for several families. On November 28, 1934 Evelyn was united in marriage to Hubert L. Erdman. They lived on the Erdman farm most of their married life. Hubert passed away on May 16, 1956. Evelyn's uncle, Herman, came to live with her and they farmed the family farm for several years. Herman had surgery so she rented the land and kept the livestock. In 1960, her mother and sister, Dora, came to live with her on the family farm after her father passed away in 1960. Her mother died in 1969. Herman died in 1979. She and her sister continued to live on the farm raising poultry until Dec. 10, 1990. Her sister died on February 11, 1999. Evelyn was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Lewisville and was a member of its Ladies Aid and helped wherever she could. She was a member of the Lewisville Senior Citizens, Lewisville Auxiliary and the VFW Auxiliary in Mapleton. She helped at the Lutheran Retirement Home with mending and bingo. During the winter months, Evelyn worked at the Lutheran Retirement Home, Stokely-Van Camp in Winnebago, Tony Downs in Madelia and the Legion Club in Amboy. Evelyn died on Monday, February 4, 2013 at the Luther Memorial Home in Madelia.
Evelyn is survived by one sister-in-law, Jeanette Beyer of Mankato, MN and several nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; two sisters, Agnes and Dora; and three brothers, Norbert, Rudy and Adolf.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Zion Lutheran Church Lift Fund.