Allan Lee Ludvigson was born on September 7, 1925 to Ted and Irene (Stedman) Ludvigson in St. James, Minnesota. He was baptized at First Lutheran Church in St. James and confirmed at Waverly Lutheran Church in rural Trimont. He was a 1943 graduate of St. James High School. On March 23, 1944 Allan enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and served with the Fourth Marine Division until his honorable discharge on November 7, 1945. He served in the South Pacific area and was wounded in action during the Battle of Iwo Jima. He was awarded the Purple Heart Medal, the World War II Victory Medal, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, the Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon and the Rifle Sharpshooter Badge.
Following his discharge from the military, Allan returned to St. James where he worked as a lineman for the Rural Electric Association. On May 11, 1948 he was united in marriage to Rose Marie Haler at First Lutheran Church in St. James. In August of 1952 Allan contracted polio and was hospitalized at Sister Kenny Institute in Minneapolis for eight months. He received is Accounting and Auditing Diploma from Mankato Commercial College on August 24, 1955. Allan was office manager for Bosshart Construction Company in Truman and Truman Contractor's Supply from 1955 until he retired in 1989. He served for many years on the Truman Municipal Light Plant Commission, was active in Trinity Lutheran Church in Truman and enjoyed working in the scouting program. In April of 2003 Allan entered the Lutheran Retirement Home in Truman.
He is survived by his wife, Rose Ludvigson of Truman, Minnesota; two sons, Dr. Mark Ludvigson and his wife, Dr. Carol Kovanda of Tacoma, Washington; and Eric Ludvigson and his wife, Susan of Green Bay, Wisconsin; two grandsons, Adam Ludvigson and Matt Ludvigson of Green Bay, Wisconsin; one niece and three nephews.
In addition to his parents, Allan was preceded in death by a sibling brother; his sister, Phyllis Panzer and brother-in-law, Martin Panzer.